I create template fot standard size business cards ( 85×54mm).
This kind of paper can be found on computer or print stores. There are several companies doing that, with generally 2 colomns x 5 rows of cards.
Here is the SVGz Inkscape template for the business card 85×54mm.
You can fill the template with your need at the right an example.
Think to cut everything that go out of the template. if the whole designed card is littler than the template, make a rectangle with the exact size of the document. Transparent or white if needed. This is essential to use in the page template.
If the printing is done on another computer, convert all texts to paths with the menu
Path=>Object to path.
Group all objects before saving the finished card :
- Select and transform objects mode (F1)
- (ctrl+A) to select all objects
- Menu :
Object=>Group(CTRL+G) to group objects.
Save in SVG or SVGZ this card : menu
File=>Save As (CTRL+SHIFT+S)
Here is SVGz Inkscape template used to compose page using the previously saved card (License GPL).
Warning !! top and bottom marges have 13.5mm high. left and right one 15mm width, and central colomn 10mm width. I think that’s the standard format but not sure, if you find business cards paper that doesn’t use this write a comment to this post. There is generaly a page with size of all the elements In the paper package.
- Open page template : menu
- Import previously made business card, menu
- Place the card on the first corresponding case at top left, between guides, a light snapping behavior will help you.
- Duplicate this card with menu:
- Place the copy in the right case. snapping will help again.
- Group the 2 objects by selecting first, pressing SHIFT then select second, and use menu
The quickest method to have all vertical copies is to use
Symétry: P1 : simple translation
* Rows, colomns :  x 
Et voilà ! That’s ready for print.