Thanks to the hardware and software development work of AllWinner, to the Linux mainlining effort of the Linux-sunxi community to improve and push driver into main line Linux kernel sources and to the integration work of ArchLinux and ArchLinuxARM communities, the Cubieboard2 (using Allwinner A20 SoC) since this night officially use 4.0 kernel as default with ArchlinuxARM. Before this date an old Linux kernel 3.x branch was used.
* Linux XXX 4.0.5-2-ARCH #1 SMP Fri Jun 12 20:03:44 MDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
This means that :
* Lots of NAND flash can be used for system
* CPU frequency is well managed now
* Most of driver are integrated and probably really stable.
25 june update, 11 days after the 4.0 : A new update occured today with linux kernel 4.1
* Linux XXX 4.1.0-1-ARCH #1 SMP Tue Jun 23 23:24:14 MDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux).